Dr. Leena Jain
Plastic, Reconstructive Microsurgeon and Hand Surgeon
Dr. Leena Jain is passionate about her work and this makes her very dedicated to her patients and diligent about her surgeries. She provides the best surgical option for her patients keeping in mind the long term results and patients’ occupation so as to facilitate timely resumption of work and normal lifestyle.
Dr. Leena Jain is a Plastic, Reconstructive Microsurgeon and Hand Surgeon, having an experience of 7+ years.
Having completed her Superspeciality post-graduation from Bangalore Medical College, she has been mentored by Dr. Samir Kumta, renowned microsurgeon of International fame.
She then pursued two international fellowships in Microsurgery:
- Fellowship in Microsurgery and Perforator flaps: Hanyang University, Seoul, South Korea
- AO Fellowship- Microsurgery and Faciomaxillary Trauma: Ludwigs’ Maximillians University, Munich, Germany in Hand and Microsurgery.
M.S – General Surgery
MCh – Plastic Surgery
Fellowship in Microsurgery and Perforator flaps- Hanyang University, Seoul, South Korea
AO Fellowship in Microsurgery and Faciomaxillary trauma- Ludwigs’ Maximillians University Munich, Germany
- Reconstructive Microsurgery: Tumors, trauma, burns and congenital conditions
- Hand Surgeries including procedures for congenital hand defects, trauma, tumors, burns’ deformities, leprosy, tendon, nerve and vessel injuries, nail complex deformities
- Replantations and revascularizations: for total to near total amputations of upper or lower limb at various levels
- Cancer reconstruction Surgery
- Reconstruction for Orthopaedic trauma- flap cover for compound fractures, tendon repair, reconstructions and transfers, management of small and long bone non-unions and bone gaps.
- Breast Surgeries- breast reconstruction post-mastectomy, breast reduction, breast augmentation, implants, gynaecomastia, nipple reconstruction.
- Facial Nerve Paralysis surgeries: for restoration of symmetry of smile and eyelid closure
- Gender reassignment surgeries: female to male and male to female gender change procedure
- Surgery for non- functioning (acontractile) bladder: in patients suffering from meningomyelocoel, spina bifida, stroke patients who cannot voluntarily empty their urinary bladders and need timely catheterization.
- Burns’ deformity corrective surgeries
- Tuboplasty- post tubectomy recanalization
- Surgeries for migraine
- Modulation of Acute Phase – Post Burn Hyper metabolism with Propranolol
- Indian Journal of Burns. Jan-Dec 2011. Vol:19 Issue1, Page Nos. 22-26
- One on one free: Two free flaps from a single donor site
- Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery (European Journal of Plastic Surgery). Jan 2015.Vol:68, issue 1; 140-142.
- Ear lobe reconstruction: A complexity simplified
- Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery (European Journal of Plastic Surgery). Dec 2014.Vol:67, issue 12; 1751-1754.
- Islanded Parascapular Flap: An Above Elbow Stump Cover.
- Anaplastology 2015. Vol: 4; issue 1:144
- Thoracodorsal artery perforator flap: indeed a versatile flap
- Indian J Plast Surg 2015;48:153-8
- The pivotal role of pedicled perforator flaps amidst irradiation
- Indian J Plast Surg 2015;48:322-4
- A novel 3D template for mandible and maxilla reconstruction: Rapid Prototyping using Stereolithography.
- Indian J Plast Surg 2015;48:263-73
- Challenges posed by delayed presentation of mutilating injuries
- Hand Clin 32 (2016) 569–583
- Medical Femoral Condyle vassularised corticoperiostea gtaft – a suitable choice for scaphoid non union
- Indian J Plast Surg 2017;50:138-47 (*corresponding author )
- Traumatic loss of total lower lip and chin: The anterolateral thigh flap provides an optimal solution
- JPRAS Open 19 (2019) 56–60
- Re: the reverse dorsal metacarpal artery flap in finger reconstruction: A reliable choice
- Indian J Plast Surg 2018;51:340-2.
Chapters for Textbooks:
|Chapter Name||Textbook Name|
|Skin and Soft tissue cover for the Hand||Textbook of Orthopedics and Trauma- 3 rd ed; volume 3. Editors: G S Kulkarni, Sushrut Bhabulkar (Published in 2016)|
|Microsurgery- principles and practice||Textbook of Plastic Surgery- Dr. Karoon Agrawal, (publication under process)|
|Understanding flaps based on Perforators -Short Notes in Plastic Surgery||understanding-flaps-based-on-perforators – https://shortnotesinplasticsurgery.wordpress.com/|
|Content Contributer||Evolution and Revolution of Perforator Flaps – (Seoul, South Korea)
Author: Jeong Tae Kim
|Syndactyly||IAPS Textbook, 2020.|