Pregnancy, extreme weight loss, or age can cause unsightly skin folds in the abdomen, altering the body's contour and aesthetic look. Even after following a balanced diet and exercising regularly, many people fail to lose their extra belly fat.
Tummy tuck surgery or abdominoplasty may be ideal for those who desire a flatter and firmer belly or a toned figure. A tummy tuck is a surgical procedure that involves removing extra fat and skin from the abdomen.
In addition, it includes strengthening the weak muscles to create a smoother and tighter body profile. Our proficient plastic surgeon, Dr Leena Jain, performs advanced and result-oriented tummy tuck surgery in Mumbai.
Besides, she is a highly qualified and seasoned plastic surgeon in Mumbai, giving an excellent cosmetic and functional outcome for complex injuries and conditions requiring reconstructive surgeries.
Moreover, she is skilled in microsurgeries, tendon repair surgery, nerve surgery, hand surgery and breast surgery.
First, let’s understand,
What is Tummy Tuck Surgery, and How does it work?
The tummy tuck also referred to as abdominoplasty, is a famous body contouring surgery. The procedure entails removing excess fat and skin from the abdomen. It also involves tightening the abdominal muscles to achieve a flatter stomach.
Now, let’s know,
When should you have tummy tuck surgery?
You should undergo a tummy tuck surgery if you:
- Have stubborn fat and excess abdominal skin.
- Feel your belly fat is affecting your self-esteem.
- Have severe weight loss, or pregnancy has affected the belly shape.
Tummy tuck surgery is not suitable for patients who have heart problems, are overweight, or are planning a pregnancy.
How should the patient prepare for a tummy tuck surgery?
- First, the patient must meet the surgeon performing tummy tuck surgery in Mumbai to discuss the treatment’s benefits, drawbacks and schedule the surgery.
- Next, the surgeon will determine whether the patient is a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery in Mumbai based on the medical exam.
- Finally, after planning the surgery, the surgeon will give precise instructions to the patient regarding surgery preparation.
- The surgeon may advise the patient to avoid specific medications, such as aspirin. Such medicines can cause complications during the surgery.
- The patient must also stop smoking several weeks before the surgery.
How is the Tummy Tuck Surgery performed?
- Mostly, surgeons perform tummy tuck surgery under general anaesthesia.
- First, the surgeon will make an incision in the abdomen. The incision’s length is determined by the amount of extra fat or skin that needs to be removed.
- Next, the surgeon will tighten the abdominal muscles and detach the skin from the underlying fat tissue.
- Finally, the surgeon will suture and tightly stretch the remaining skin. The procedure could take three to four hours.
Now, let’s discuss,
The Recovery Steps for Tummy Tuck:
- Returning to normal activities and work after surgery may take a few weeks.
- For around six weeks, the patient must avoid intense exercise and lifting heavy objects.
- Following the procedure, the surgeon will prescribe certain drugs. To avoid complications, patients must follow their surgeon's advice.
What are the Benefits of Undergoing Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- Tummy tuck surgery helps improve the body contour.
- It also helps reduce stress and urinary incontinence after vaginal delivery.
- A tummy tuck can also prevent the recurrence of hernias.
- It helps reduce the efforts to lose weight.
- It enhances appearance and boosts confidence.
If you think of getting tummy tuck surgery in Mumbai, make an appointment with Dr Leena Jain, our expert plastic surgeon in Mumbai. She will determine your eligibility for the surgery.